Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back Home Again


It's one of my favorite John Denver songs, "Back Home Again". Matter of fact it's one of my all time from anyone favorite songs and I am back home again after a trip to visit with my Dad, The Colonel. It was emotionally and physically tough but oh so very worth while.

When I originally purchased my flight tickets, the best I could get on the return 3 hour flight was a center seat in a packed plane. After the stresses and strains of the past week, I decided to try for an upgrade to first class using some accumulated frequent flyer miles. It was a small Airbus plane with only eight first class seats and I didn't think my chances were good. The fact that it was a very early Saturday morning flight helped and I scored. It was a nice way to begin to unwind from the previous week.

I had decided several days ago that when I got home I was going to take a few days and head up into the mountains for some fishing and gold panning to complete the unwind process. Right now my plans are to leave here Monday morning and to camp along the Arkansas River in the vicinity of Buena Vista for one to two nights. I'll then head back towards the Denver area and stop at Tarryall Reservoir for a couple of nights. A key part of the plan is to be headed back or be back in the Denver area before the hordes attack the mountains for the 4th of July weekend.

Sounds like a plan to me....stay tuned.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Marian Ann Love said...

Great picture of you and your Dad. I know you hate to see him like this but that is part of life and we have to deal with it and pray about it. By the way, I saw John Denver in concert at the coliseum in Jackson, MS and I can truthfully say it was one of the best concerts I had ever attended. He was a great singer and is truly missed.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs