Sunday, March 9, 2008

Catching Up


It's been a very busy week. I finally got my RV back from the mechanic and then had to have the refrigerator checked out. The previous owner said he was having an "intermittent" problem with the refrigerator when it was powered by propane. Turned out to be a minor problem, thank goodness.

I have spent most of the past 2 or 3 days cleaning the inside of the RV and packing all of my stuff away in the closets and cabinets, getting new license plates and a new title. The inside of the RV is in very good condition and really didn't need to be cleaned but it's a personal thing. I even went so far as to shampoo the carpet.

In addition to cleaning, I dewinterized the plumbing system and tried out all of the different systems, heat, A/C, water pumps, stove, generator etc. I found one small leak in the fresh water pump that I will have to get fixed this coming week. I'm hoping that can be done by mid week and then I'm off to New Mexico on the maiden voyage.

Friday evening The Circle met at Bud's Bar in Sedalia for a gourmet cheeseburger and a couple of drinks. It's been about two weeks since we were all together and it sure was good to enjoy each other's company again. The weather is starting to cycle towards springtime now. We'll get a couple of nice days and then a little snow. Knowing that spring is not far off we are all starting to talk about camping trips, and where the first Circle The Wagons trip should be.

Finally, my iPod crapped out on me last night. It is an original "fat boy" model and is almost four years old. I was crushed when it crashed.....that's a nice little cadence don't you think? Crushed when it crashed...could be a country song. Anyway, I was not in a good mood. Then, The Emmer said that she had just gotten a new iPod and I could have her old one, which is only about a year old. What a great daughter! As a kid I got used to hand me down clothes but I've never had a hand me down iPod. The Emmer even reset her old one and copied my music library to it.

I didn't realize how important this little piece of electronic wizardry was to me until I faced a day without one. I'm not much of a TV or movie type of guy but I've got to have music in my life. Apple sure has a lifelong customer here!

Stay tuned for my first voyage in the new to me RV.....



Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs