Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good To Go on Gone


Today's weather in the metro area is wonderful. The forecast for Buena Vista, CO is 63 tomorrow and high 50's for the rest of the week....I'm outa here tomorrow morning.

I did some grocery shopping first thing this morning then got the RV, gassed it up (ugh, that hurt), filled the water tank, treated the
black water tank, put the bike rack and bike on, loaded the generator, packed clothes, fishing gear and metal detector and a bunch of other details so I'm now about 80% ready to hit the road.

The picture at the top is a picture of Railroad Bridge Campground where I plan to spend at least two days. I may then move to Ruby Mountain Campground about 20 miles to the south as there are opportunities for rockhounding in the area. The picture below shows a campsite at Ruby Mountain....note the Collegiate Range of mountains in the background. Mt. Harvard, Mt. Princeton, Mt. Yale

Tomorrow morning I'll wait for the work a day rush to end and then I'll head to the mountains. There's no WiFi where I'm going so there won't be any reports until I get back. If all goes well, I'll be back on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm really, really ready for a trip!!!!!

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs