Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a.....Sunny Day


O dark hundred this morning and I'm on my way to the airport to send The Bride off to North Carolina. Dark, windy, snowy....oh what fun. The snow started at about 3 am so by the time I got on the road it was pretty nasty. White knuckles and all, we made it with time to spare and I immediately headed for home.

By the time I got out of the airport it was beginning to get light, which made the driving a little easier but it also meant that the work a day folks were into their commute. Now we all know that if you own an SUV, that means you are exempt from the common sense rules of bad weather driving, right?

I didn't mind sitting in stop and go traffic on a major highway for an hour. Really I didn't....that gave me time to reflect on the utter stupidity of some people.

It looks like this is going to continue through tomorrow and by Monday it will be 70 degrees.....Com-mone Monday! In the meantime I'll just have to catch up on reading.

Oh, a little added bonus for me. I live on the south side of the metro area. Right down there where that purpley color is with the text 6-12". Aren't I lucky?

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Ick! Burrr! Come to the Left Coast - it's 83 degrees here! JLG

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs