Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect


As I mentioned in a recent post, I'm gonna keep practicing this "retirement" thing until I get it right and I've only got 787 days to get it right! That thought and the constant strain of the hit song by The Animals, "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" playing in my mind, convinced me it's time for another road trip. I had actually thought about this trip for a while but just recently decided that June would be the month.

Being at the advanced stage of my career that I am, I get a ton of vacation. Much more than does The Bride, so I have started doing some solo trips with the trailer. After travelling extensively, business-wise for the last 10 years she doesn't notice the difference!

Here's the plan for the trip.

Leave sometime Sunday mid-day and drive to Torrington, WY (about 225 miles)



Stay at the free city park in Torrington with complimentary electric and water hookups, Sunday night.



The rest of the week play it by ear and wander around eastern Wyoming and western South Dakota.

A list of places I'd like to see, not in any particular order, is as follows:





Accidental Oil Company, Newcastle, Wyoming

Devil's Tower National Monument

All of this time I will also be relatively close to The Badlands National Park, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood and a host of other things so I don't think I'll have any trouble eating up a weeks worth of time.

I'm ready...my back is almost ready and Bivouac is ready to hit the road too. Hopefully I'll be able to post while I'm on the road so stay tuned.

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs