Wednesday, November 14, 2007

On The Road - Business Wise


I'm on the road this week for business. It's been quite a while since I travelled on business and that's both good news and bad news. I do enjoy "being" somewhere out of town, that's the good news part. I hate the "getting there", and that's the bad news part.

This trip is to Chicagoland and I left the Denver airport first thing on Monday morning. The "getting there" part wasn't as bad as some trips I've taken but I did have to suffer through a middle seat in a completely full Boeing 777. Since I was flying economy, a middle seat means the third seat in, on a row with 5 seats. You may as well not even think about trying to get up when you're that deep in the row! Thank goodness the flight was on time and there were no delays at either end.

I don't leave until late Friday afternoon and don't get in to Denver until about 7pm so this is a very full week. As soon as I got to my hotel and got the computer fired up, I went online and upgraded to Business Class for the trip back to Denver. This way at least I'll be comfortable on the plane and will get something to eat before I get home.

In other news, The Bride will be travelling back to see her parents over the Thanksgiving holiday so The Emmer and I will fend for ourselves on Thanksgiving Day. The Emmer is scheduled to work that weekend so it's not going to be a real festive holiday.

Before The Bride made her plans to visit her parents, The Circle had planned to do a Thanksgiving weekend Turkey Trot Camping Trip. The destination hasn't been set yet and since The Emmer is working, I think I'll take Bivouac and batch it. More on this in later posts.

I will be going from my present location to the Joliet area tomorrow. There is a "re-purposed" Muffler Man in the AA baseball stadium there. I'm hoping to be able to see it and get a picture of it. If I do I'll post a picture later this week.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs