Friday, November 23, 2007

Trashed - Turkey Trot Trip To Taos


A famous quote by Falstaff in Shakespeare's King Henry IV states "Discretion is the better part of valor." If you look at the weather map above you will see why The Circle chose discretion this weekend.

Taos is just north of Albuquerque in the map.The prediction (guess) is for 3-5" of snow in Taos with a high of 35 and a low tomorrow of 6! I really wanted to do a road trip but towing a 28 foot trailer in those conditions is just not something I want to do.


So, Bivouac sits in front of the house all loaded up, except for water thank goodness. My activity today will be to unload. We're supposed to get a little snow here too so I just may wait till tomorrow to take Bivouac back to her lot.

I have added a front hitch to my Expedition, "Tank II", and to that hitch have added a cargo carrier. Up till now I have carried my Honda EU2000i generator in the Expedition and I really didn't like that arrangement so the front cargo carrier resolved that. If I don't want to use the cargo carrier, I can put a bike rack there in it's place. It's really handy to have this front hitch and it's a neat thing in itself. Rather than have a garage frame mount a receiver I found a device called Bodiak Front End Hitch which mounts to the front tow hooks of the vehicle. It will support up to 500 pounds. I doubt that I'll ever carry that much but it's nice to have the option to carry stuff there.


The Circle will have to re-plan something for this weekend. We were all looking forward to getting together and it not easy just to....not. Besides, I have reliable information that Guitar's birthday is on Sunday and we will have to celebrate that for sure.

Stay tuned to find out what we come up with!

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs