Saturday, May 31, 2008

Checking the Bloom


It's getting time for the wildflowers to start blooming around here. I missed the main bloom at Roxborough State Park last year and I kicked myself about it for months. I'm not about to let it slip by me again this year so yesterday I took a hike at this pretty park.

I didn't get down there until mid afternoon and thought that it might be a little warm for a long hike. Turned out that is was not too hot and a delightful breeze made things very comfortable.

This place is absolutely incredible when all the flowers are in bloom. The blue, white and yellow flowers contrast the red rock and Colorado cobalt blue skies. It's heaven for nature enthusiasts and photographers as well...and I happen to be both. It's also a great place for birding, something I am just beginning to appreciate.

The good new is that it will probably be about a week and a half to two weeks to the peak of the bloom. The very first blooms are just beginning to appear now. The bad news is that between CaJenn's wedding and my trip to see my Dad, The Colonel, I may miss the high point again this year. If I do however, it won't be for lack of trying. I'll go by there once more before we leave for the wedding on Thursday and will be able to get in at l
east one more look see the week following the wedding.

CaJenn left a comment on my last post "Do You Know The Way To San Jose", saying that the picture of her and her husband to be is possibly the worst picture in existence of the both of them? Looked pretty good to me but that is probably the "Daddy Eyes" filter on my part. I promise I p
ost a really good picture in about 10 days!

I spoke with The Colonel today and am glad to report that he seems to be doing pretty well under the circumstances. He was in enough pain yesterday that he was taken back to the hospital to see if perhaps there was a broken bone somewhere that had been overlooked. Fortunately not, and he's back
at the continuing care facility. This morning he was in good spirits and fairly sharp of mind. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for him.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs