Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back In Colorado

I arrived back home yesterday at mid-day. I had a bit of trouble getting here but I made it in better fashion than The Bride, The Emmer and CaJen did on Tuesday.

My three ladies left Columbus on the shuttle bus at 5 am Tuesday. About 5 miles south of the Atlanta airport they encountered an accident which had the Interstate closed. The driver managed to get off the Interstate on to the secondary roads but was caught by all the other people that did the same thing. It took them two hours to make the last five miles. Because CaJen was not checking luggage she managed to run to the plane and got there just as they were closing the door.

The Bride and The Emmer were not so lucky and missed the flight. They were re-booked on another flight at mid-day that would fly them through Chicago and then on to Denver. After they loaded the plane a mechanical problem was discovered and the flight was canceled. They finally made it out of Atlanta at about 4 pm.

I stayed a day later and left on the 5 am shuttle yesterday. Not too far from where the ladies got caught on the Interstate, our shuttle ran into two accidents that had I-85 closed both north and southbound. We were between exits so we didn't have an option other than to sit with everyone else. Sit we did for about an hour and 45 minutes.

We made it to the airport about 30 minutes before my flight was scheduled to leave. Because I was not checking luggage I managed to make the flight with a bit of running through the concourse.

The weather here is warm...upper 80's but it is delightful compared to the heat and humidity of Columbus, GA.

I'll take a few days to get my life back to normal and then I will probably head up to the mountains for a few days. Not sure where but I'm considering the Leadville area.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs