Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Double Doins'


This week is a double congratulations week. First of all on this day 31 years ago I said "I Do" for my one and only time, to my one and only Bride. Happy Anniversary to both of us. The way I see it we're about half way through our adventure in life and as the old saying goes...The best is yet to come.

Speaking of adventures, 27 years ago tomorrow, an adventure entered our lives in the form of The Emmer. Both The Bride and I earned our parent stripes over the last 27 years but it was worth it and we have a wonderful caring daughter that we enjoy every single day.

On top of all of this good news it seems as if our #1 daughter, CaJen will be able to spend at least part of this coming long weekend with us. She will be coming out from the left coast on business and will squeeze in a couple of weekend days with us.

The only bad thing that's happened this week is that I
had to cancel a planned short fishing trip to the mountains. I was going to leave on Sunday and return yesterday....just in time for my anniversary. (Didn't really want to try missing that, even for fishing!)

Anyway, Saturday I went to the lot to get my RV and start loading it. When I got to my space......it was empty.....no RV! Not only was there no RV but since it was Saturday the office was closed and all the phone lines went to an answering machine. I drove around the lot about 10 times making sure it wasn't moved to another spot but it plain wasn't there.

After about 15 minutes of sheer panic I finally reasoned that since they had just completed the repair on the window, the RV was probably locked up in one of the service bays. I had to wait till Monday however, to find out if my logic was correct. It was, but that didn't help my trip
.

I was really looking forward to this trip because I just bought a float tube (aka bellyboat) to fish with. The picture to the right is just like what I bought. It deflates and folds up into a very small and light package so it's perfect to take along in the RV.

Maybe after the long weekend when the crush of people leaves the mountains, I'll sneak up for a couple of days.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Marian Ann Love said...

Congratulations on your 31st wedding anniversary. You both make a handsome couple! May you have many, many more to come. Marian
PS: The float tube looks really cool. You should have a lot of fun with it. :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs