Thursday, February 28, 2008

KitchenAid Part 6 and a Walk in the Park

It's a good thing I'm retired or I wouldn't have time to deal with this mess revolving around my KitchenAid wall oven. One repair "technician" came on Monday to replace the oven fan and door seal. That makes 3 thermostats, one fan and one door seal that have been replaced so far. As soon as the repair guy walked out of the house, I started the self clean cycle and guess what? About two hours into the cycle, the oven crashed. Duh.

You're probably asking why I didn't have them stay through the cycle....Well, I asked them and they said they couldn't stay that long. So, I was immediately back on the phone to KitchenAid. When KitchenAid "graciously" (Yes, I AM being sarcastic!) extended the warranty for another 6 months they said that after this repair they would send a different repair company to attempt repairs. So another appointment for this week was set up for yesterday morning.

This time there were two "technicians". I suppose that's because these two seemed to be only half as capable as the one from the other shop. The first thing they did was to supposedly test the thermostat and declared it to be "fine". When I tried to get them to explain why the past 3 times the thermostat was replaced and the oven worked they just said that the test meter doesn't lie.

They next turned their attention to the power supply on the wall to see if it was providing 240 volts. When I mentioned that if it was not the heating element would never work, they said "just checking". Well, they couldn't get the proper reading and were convinced this was the problem. Finally they decided to plug the oven in and check the voltage somewhere on the oven itself. Surprise, surprise there was 240 vol
ts. It seems as if they couldn't position their probes to get a correct reading when trying directly on the wall outlet.

To make a long story short, after phone consultation directly with KitchenAid they deduced that the main electronic control panel was the problem and unfortunately they would have to order that part. I hope my logic is totally faulty because I can't see that as the issue but believe me I would love to be wrong. I would willing wear a sign around my neck for a week declaring that I am an unknowing lout....if they can only fix this once and for all.

They are scheduled to come back tomorrow. That makes three times this week. Wish me luck.

On a more pleasant note, Guitar and I went to Roxborough State Park yesterday afternoon for a hike. The weather was quite pleasant in town so we decided to see what it was like at the park.

Because of the terrain there was still a bit of snow lingering but that made for some nice pictures. The park was pretty much deserted and we only saw four other people the whole time we were there. As you can see from the pictures in this post, the creatures "great and small" were out and doing the thing they need to do to survive.

The animals realize that they are safe in this environment and are not skittish around humans. The nice buck deer in the picture above was in a herd of about 5 other deer and was not at all concerned about our presence. We had a heck of a time getting him to lift his head from feeding to get a good picture. Talking didn't work. Shouting didn't work. Shouting and waving our arms didn't work.....only a near miss with a small rock got his attention enough to lift his head for a couple of seconds.

Now that the weather seems to be moderating, I will make this park a regular on my schedule. It sure is a lot more interesting than 30 minutes on a treadmill!

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs