Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cabin Fever!


So, it's Saturday and it's snowing...like a broken record and I'm getting sick of the music! The picture above was my deck 2 weeks ago. That's a yard stick in the snow on the table you're seeing there.

Living in the Rocky Mountain West I realize that snow is good for us. It's not only good but it's essential for the well being of all, not only right now for the skiers, snowboarders, snowmobilers and snowshoers, but for every single one of us this summer. But please, give me a break...just a little one....or...or...snow during the week for a while and let the weekend be nice!

Ahhh, the oldtimers are probably snickering thinking "if he only knew how it used to be". Well go ahead and snicker! I am an old timer and I do remember how it was! But I was young then and tough and a manly man! Now I'm a late middle aged guy who has gotten soft and likes nice things...so sue me! Turn it off for a while....I'm looking at this------------------------>>>>>

And thinking this........









And this....








I guess what started me on this vent was the fact that yesterday I started making plans for my annual (sometimes semi-annual) trip to Moab, UT with a bunch of friends to "rock crawl" in four wheel drive vehicles. I've been doing this for a couple of years but I'm a newbie in the group. Many of the participants have been doing this for....10 years now. This year is the 10th anniversary for the trip founders. So I am thinking nice weather, sunshine, warm. Which would you rather have...the picture at the top of the page;


or this...

Or this.............................................................I rest my case!....Thanks for listening to the vent.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs