Friday, December 14, 2007

Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig Jig













Last night I had a farewell dinner with The Colonel at a local Carraba's. The food was good and both The Colonel and I had a martini. That seemed to perk him right up and he turned on the old charm with the waitress. After dinner I took him back to the apartment and we said our goodbyes. It was a sorrowful goodbye, especially on my part because I never know if it will be the last time I see him.

I left Columbus this morning at about 4:45 am on a local shuttle to the Atlanta airport. For all the bad weather in the country, things went very smoothly for me! The flight left Atlanta on time and landed in Denver on time. The middle seat in my row was even empty! The only glitch was that because of the snow in Denver, departing flights were running a bit late and we had to wait to get into the assigned gate.

Yes, I said snow. It had been in the 70's all week in Georgia and when I landed in Denver it was 21 degrees and snowing. It was a light snow and the roads were fine but that's still quite a "change in latitude".

The storm is supposed to move out of here later today but it will remain cold for a few more days. I am not sure what is on my schedule yet for this weekend and I don't even care at this point. Frankly, I'm worn out both physically and emotionally so I think I'll just chill for the rest of today and probably tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs